With all the new products and events going on here at Ellany, I've gotten behind on posting about some of our ambassadors! This week we are meeting Maddie Dunlap. Learn more about this ambitious and talented young lady below!
Where are you from:
- New Albany, Ohio
What’s your favorite show to compete at:
- HITS-ON-THE-HUDSON (Saugerties, New York)
Tell us about your horses and what division you show them in:
- My family has four horses. I have an adorable 7 year old jumper named Don Gerhard (Owen) and I show him in the young jumpers, I have a 16 year old jumper named Boujis that I show in the medium/low junior jumpers and low prix, and I occasionally ride my sister’s 7 year old hunter, Fernando VDL, in national USHJA hunter derbies, big eq, and 3'6" junior hunters. I also used to ride my sister's horse named Tristan (Inspired) who has done it all from Junior Jumpers to eq finals to Junior Hunter Finals!
How did you learn about Ellany Equestrian:
- I was scrolling through my feed on Instagram and came across the Ellany Instagram page! I had also received some stuff from Ellany as gifts in the past!
Favorite Ellany product:
- Definitely the baby pads or the pack n’ go quarter zip jacket!
What mantra/inspirational quote do you live by:
- Beauty is truth and truth is beauty.
How did you get into horses:
- My father passed away when I was very young, so my mom had my sisters and I start riding as therapy. Eventually we started competing, and I’ve been in love with horses and the showjumping sport ever since!
Who is your riding inspiration:
- Lillie Keenan. I remember watching her win the International Derby Finals in Bluegrass, Kentucky when she was only 14 years old and I was 11, and I have admired and watched her continue to evolve into such a talented rider. She is someone who earns everything she receives and still stays grounded. She inspires me to do my best every day!
Favorite junk food:
- cookie dough ice cream!
Favorite TV show:
- The Office
Biggest riding accomplishment:
- Winning the USHJA National Hunter Derby two weeks in a row at my first two shows (and first time riding) Fernando, working with our three-ring-horse Tristan to turn him into a winning Junior Hunter and big eq horse under the instruction of my trainer, and winning low junior jumper classics on Boujis!
(Eventers) What is your favorite eventing phase and why:
(Hunter/jumpers) What do you prefer, hunters, jumpers or equitation
- I prefer jumpers because it challenges me and isn’t subjective!